Makes 9 servings, One 9x9" or 8x8" pan.
- 1 ⅓ cups / 360 ml evaporated milk
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, leaves
- cup / 140 gm cream cheese, room temp.
- 2 oz. / 60 ml white rum (Bacardi)
- 1 ½ cup / 380 gm condensed milk
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp / 155 ml lime, juice
- 1 Tbsp lime, zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 40 pieces Galleta Maria (or any plain digestive biscuits)
- 2 cups whipped cream, lightly sweetened
1. To a small pot, slowly heat the evaporated milk with the mint leave just until it boils, turn off the heat and let the mint leave steep in the milk until cool. Remove the mint leaves.
2. In a blender, blend together the evaporated milk, cream cheese, rum, condensed milk, lime juice, zest, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
3. In a 8x8"/ 20x20cm baking dish, place a layer of cookies, followed by 1/3 of the lime mixture, and repeat finishing with the lime mixture on top. (Cookies, lime mixture, cookies, lime mixture, cookies, lime mixture) Set in the fridge or freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
4. Finish with a layer of whipped cream on top, and garnish with cookie crumbs, lime zest, and/or mint leaves. ¡Buen provecho!