Chili Garlic Peanuts
Chili Garlic Peants
Makes 3 cups
- 60 ml / ¼ cup oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 5 dried Chile de arbol, seeded
- 500 gm / 3 cups spanish peanuts, raw with skins
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- salt to taste
1. In a skillet, add the oil and thinly sliced garlic. Fried the garlic on a medium-low flame, watch carefully so avoid burning the garlic. Once golden remove the garlic from the oil and set aside.
2. In the hot oil, add your dried chilis (whole or sliced if you want more heat). Fry the chilis for about 1 minute or until they have darken in colour.
3. Add the peanuts to the oil, and fry with the chilis for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
4. Turn off the heat, add the lime zest, juice, and salt to taste. Transfer the peanuts to a bowl and allow them to cool off before enjoying with a beer. ¡Buen provecho!